Monday, November 4, 2013

Picture Perfect


I completely forgot it was picture day, until I called the boys down for breakfast.  They had not forgotten.  Check out their personal style(s) coming out.  Sam in his fedora.  Colin with his angry birds and a unicorn spike hair-do.  Charlie, of course, with a super-hero cape.  It actually velcros to the shirt--a five-year-old fashion dream.

Unfortunately, Sam got to the picture-taking only to be told hats were not allowed.  He told them that his mom really wanted him to wear it.  I had voice mail from school personnel apologizing to me that Sam would not be able to wear the hat I so wanted him to wear.  Me?  What?  Sam!!!  Charlie, on the other hand, fully got away with wearing the cape, because you couldn't see it from the front.  You can see his triumph in his picture.  Colin's hair was sufficiently tousled by the time his class went in, so it ended up about right.  I just didn't expect all this from my boys.  Jane went off without a word in her usual pony tail for picture day.  What characters. 

4 comments:

Erin said...

I think you need to order those pictures and put them on the blog. That is so funny!

Emily said...

This is actually the moment when their picture day styles were most THEM. By the time the pictures were taken, Sam lost the hat, and Colin lost the unicorn horn. But you are right. I will post them! I did purchase them. I couldn't resist.

Kris Tina said...

I can see how you would want that fedora to be memorialized in school pictures. Don't deny it!

Flori said...

oh my gosh--Your kids are so awesome. How could they be otherwise, with you and Dan as parents, right? I'm in love with the fedora. I totally tried to get Rob to buy one. He wouldn't do it!