Dan and I went to a Halloween party. There was no chill in the air. Halloween in Hawaii is hot. None of those times where you get all dressed up in a costume and have to put on a parka to go over it. Poor Dan, the Grinch, melted in the heat. This is a horrible picture, too. Who are those people? Dan kind of looks like a puppy with early signs of rabies here. I was Cindy Lou Who, but you can't tell here.
This is the real story, though. We were told that we had to prepare a skit for the party. It was 5:30 the day of the party, and we had no skit. So I decided that we were going to be funny and choreograph a little dance to "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." In my mind, it was going to be hilarious, including a little soft shoe step, jazz hands, the Grinch dipping Cindy Lou Who, a roll-in and catch for the big ending. We pulled out all the stops. And it was funny. People clapped and chuckled. And then, right after we did our big performance, our friends, the Yuens, two parts of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, got up and did a four-song mash up with REAL choreography, a lip sync, sweet moves, the worm, and a PB and J belly-bump climax. People were whistling, clapping, and yelling. I am so glad we went first. We pulled out all our stops. We just didn't have enough stops to pull out. But I got Dan to dance in public, so at least there was that minor victory. I'm doubtful that it will ever happen again!

3 comments:
How I wish there were an accompanying video! Your number sounds fantastic!
As the dance number didn't even come off well in person, I'm sure the video recording would not help us out any! But it would make for good black-mailing!
For a second there - I really did think Dan was the Grinch.
Post a Comment