Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall Play 2013 -- Once Upon a Crime

Someone asked me after the play if I felt a huge weight off my shoulders, but the truth is, the fall play never feels like a weight on my shoulders.  It is a rush, a thirst, a true "play time," like going back to finger painting after years of dreading the mess.  That is what the play is...a huge mess.  The kind you plan and forgive and love while you are in the middle of it.  The kind of mess that makes a memory.  I have blogged about it in the past, so I will not re-define, but here are this year's stats:

135 + kids in the play (K-6)
20 youth volunteers and stage crew
40 parent helpers (including teachers)
1 cafeteria with a small stage for performance
1 sound guy with 6 mics for kids to trade
9 scenes
1 rap (3 Bears)
2 solos (Goldilocks and the Miller's Daughter)
8 dances
12 19 dancing princesses
3 17 Little Pigs
A whole slew of detectives, wizards, lollipop girls, wolf-ettes, ladies in waiting, hair-dressers, and dwarfs.
=
SO
MUCH
FUN!

Really, my favorite thing about this play is having all the kids and helpers who turn out from every part of our diverse community all together in one big room, being creative with kids.  I would do that every day, if I could. Thanks to all who make the play a PLAY, not a WORK.

No comments: