Monday, August 5, 2013

Mango Season!






I couldn't resist..it's MANGO SEASON!  If everyone out there tasted even one of these delicious ripening mangoes from our tree, you would drop everything and move in with me in Hawaii.  And why not?  The more the merrier!  (Half of my small readership probably HAS lived here for some amount of time!)  I just have to say that with the abundance of sweet tangy mangoes, every once in a while we do get a bite that is a bit off.  And compared to the tropical perfection of every other bite, I feel insulted, wronged, snobbishly infuriated by the bad bite...until I try another wonderful bite.  Our lives continue to be sweet, sticky, and juicy, and we just try to refocus when we find the bad bite every now and then.  Remember, self, remember how full is the bowl!

I also have to commend our mango tree from coming back from a bitter tree trimming four years ago.  After three years of only a few mangoes in the harvest, our tree is back in the game!  Was it time that made the difference?  Or the tree house?  They say that the best way to bring a tree back to fruition is drive in a few treacherous nails.  The suffering tree bears fruit.  Poor tree...beautiful fruit. 


No comments: