Our house is under the shade of a beautiful mango tree whose fruit is sweet, tart, sticky, juicy . . . a perfect match for this season of our lives.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Take one down, pass it around...
On Sunday, during the most supposedly reverent part of our church meeting, the sacrament was being passed to the congregation. My boys really like to make sure they get to pass the tray down the line. This time, as the tray came along to Charlie, he started singing at regular pub-volume, "Take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of beer on the wall." I have heard him sing that song on long car rides, but I'll be honest. It surprised me. It also surprised the woman who graciously allowed us to share her bench who was next in line to get the tray. It also surprised the family in front of us, whose heads nodded in silent chuckles and rotated slightly around to verify which of the Bradshaw boys was bound for alcoholics anonymous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish we could sit in front of you at church. Sounds like you keep things lively!
Ha! That's what you get for teaching your children drinking songs. I just love that little Charlie. Wish we were in your ward...
Hahahahaha I did not hear that! But I know who you were sitting by and it's awesome! I bet they loved it!
Your family surpasses all awesomeness. I love the Bradshaw Boys stories. Is a novel in the works?
Post a Comment