Monday, August 15, 2011

Weak link




That's not me. No, no. I wish. That's Stacey Sykora, a professional volleyball player, and she is NOT a weak link. I, on the other hand . . .

Volleyball is a faith-promoting experience for me. I spend the whole time praying that the ball won't come to me. And usually, it doesn't (because I step aside and let someone else hit it--just acting on my faith). But I had to play with the young men and young women at our church the other day. When I sent the ball flying sideways three times in a row, they realized that I was a weak link in the team, and this one guy kept hitting it to me! At this point in my life, I am fully aware of my own inabilities, and I'm totally ok with proclaiming myself inept at volleyball. Even so, I did think it hilarious when a twelve-year-old beehive girl half my height, a fourth my strength, and triple my ability to hit sideways . . . she came over to me in my lowliness and said, "Maybe I better stand here instead." Ouch.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

hahahahaha- who was it? Abigail? Oh man, I love this!