We share a broken lawn mower with our neighbors. At least, it's been broken for a couple of months, leaving our lawn in quite a state of Hawaiian rain forest landscaping. Dan decided he was going to fix it. So he got on you-tube and found a great instructional piece on how to troubleshoot and fix your lawn mower. He decided the problem might be in the carburetor (that's the first time I've ever spelled that word in my life--I had to look it up). He then spent two hours meticulously taking it apart and cleaning it. Oh, and he had to go buy some tools to help him do this, of course. He put it back together. I was there for the moment of truth. He pulled the cord, and it started purring like happy cat. Victory!
Hollow victory. Later that afternoon, Dan found out that our neighbor's dad, who is very handy indeed, had already fixed it. Dan had neglected to try to start it before he went to work. But I'm sure that clean carburetor has got it running at peak efficiency. And in Dan's defense, he has been a serious fix-it man. He's handled our car's failing door handles, power windows, low AC, and more. People don't expect that from a composer. I think I'll find his CV on our hard drive and add it to the bottom. . .This performance, that performance, this symphony, that orchestra piece . . . and can fix cars and clean carburetors.
2 comments:
This just makes me happy. And Dan is always breaking the stereotypical composer mold. That's what we like so much about him.
oh crapola! We just dropped our lawn mower off at home depot for some repair. If I would have known - I would have just put Dan on it while you guys enjoyed seven peaks.
Post a Comment