Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ferret-leggers


The spot on Colin's back is a baby gecko.


The gecko is in his hair now.

I'm not sure where we learned about ferret-legging, but Colin may have some real aptitude for it. It's where a person puts a ferret down his pants and sees how long he can leave the ferret to wander freely. The world record is for over five hours. Colin has never (to my knowledge) put a rodent down his pants, but he did let a gecko scamper all over his upper body for about an hour. He caught the gecko and put it on his shoulder. When I asked him where it went about half an hour later, he said, "I think it's down my shirt. Yup. It's still there." Then it crawled up his neck and into his hair. So if we start the training now, I think he's already mastered geckos. We'll just gradually introduce large cockroaches, mice, rats, maybe a mongoose, and then he'll be ready for ferrets. If you are curious as to what ferret-legging looks like, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQ6TuvqX7w. It's crazy.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Colin is a nut. And we spray-painted the crib brown because despite the red being very cute, we didn't think it would work very well in an orange room...

Flori said...

Holy cow, that gives me the willies. It's like when someone says "lice" and your head immediately starts to feel crawly. I cannot even imagine having a ferret in my pants. Yikes.

Erin said...

I didn't know geckos could be so tiny! That is awesome.