All morning before Colin's preschool graduation, Charlie was asking if he could get away. We were rushing to get Colin ready, and though he repeated it about 10 times, it didn't really sink in until we were all in the car and he asked again, "Can I get away, Mommy?" This is not something he usually asks. He's more of a doer than an asker. Then it clicked. He didn't want to get AWAY--he wanted to get a WEI. A lei. And with all the leis floating around that graduation ceremony (it was bigger than my high school, college, and masters graduations, and I'm not kidding about that), Charlie was able to get his way. I mean his wei.


Colin's quote for what he wants to be when he grows up . . . "Yeah, man! I'm going to live on the moon!" Gel-ed hair by the Dan Bradshaw salon of hair sculpture, as specifically requested by Colin.
3 comments:
That is too cute and funny. I thought of you the other day at church. There is a Tongan family in our ward and the girls always wear fresh flowers in their hair and often have beautiful leis. Hawaii looks good on you guys.
They are both so cute in their own wei.
Colin looks so much like you!!!
Post a Comment