Our house is under the shade of a beautiful mango tree whose fruit is sweet, tart, sticky, juicy . . . a perfect match for this season of our lives.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Follow me, I know the way!
I tested a theory today. I was trying to get to a new Walmart, closer than our usual Walmart to where my errands had taken us. I decided that even though I didn't know exactly where it was, if I just followed the two minivans in front of me, they would clearly lead the way to Walmart. Blast and dang. They did NOT lead me to Walmart. They led me past another mall and toward a residential area, where they left me behind at a stop light. I was left with no recourse but to ask the jogger on the corner if I was anywhere near Walmart. He laughed and pointed the opposite direction. There is a lesson to be learned. Not all minivans lead to Walmart. Isn't that so true? But mine usually does (unfortunately). Maybe I'll put up a sign on my car that says, "Walmart this way!" But I hate Walmart. Still, perhaps MY minivan advertising for Walmart is actually a way to discourage others from going. Or maybe, if I just get lost enough on my way to Walmart, I'll find my way to Target. You see my logic? Somebody buy this girl a map!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If it makes you feel better, I bet you had at least a 50-50 chance of being behind a car that was going to WalMart. And I hate it too. I'm blessed to have a Target 3 blocks away. Heaven. (For everything but my budget.)
I think you need a GPS for Christmas. Much better than a map!
Whenever we're visiting another city and trying to find the nearest church, Brad uses the same trick. It's eerily reliable.
Maybe your decoy minivans were just coming home from WalMart. You should have kept following them and then asked if you could help unload the groceries. That could've been a fun story for both of you.
Post a Comment