Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mahalo

I never say,"Mahalo," out loud. I'm still just too white. But I write it at the end of thank you notes, and I think it sounds much more graceful and thankful than "thanks." Thanksgiving is becoming my favorite holiday. This year, we made a gratitude tree to keep track of things we're grateful for. This year, I am particularly grateful for new and old friends that came to our Thanksgiving table. We love the Houghtons! And the Karlston-Dunklef duo are invited back for chess, bubbalicious, and more! I'm thankful that the SEVEN PIES I made all turned out. In fact, someone put that on my headstone some day. . . . Her thanksgiving pies turned out well in 2010. I'm thankful for the Turkey Trotters in our family. Colin raced ahead of his class to win (those legs of his are probably a full year older than some fo those kids), and his prized trophy is now the star on our Christmas tree. Sam stayed with the pack leaders for the entire race. He took 4th place. Go Sam! And Jane, in her longer race, started out in last place (she was carefully biding her time), and then she raced ahead to pass most of the girls and take 2nd place!!! And the day after Thanksgiving, Dan and I walked 100 steps to the temple and attended a session. I am thankful for light and peace and a rich life.




2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the thankful tree. I wish I had done something like that. Wish I could have sampled those pies! Congratulations on those races! What fast kids you have.

Flori said...

Awesome pie skills. Add that to your list of amazing attributes! I love your hair long too--so pretty.