Halloween night is a secondary affair. The fun of Halloween is in the costume warm-ups the weeks prior to Trick-or-Treating.

"Yo-ho yo-ho, a pirate's life to me!"

This is the lion costume Charlie was supposed to wear last year. It lasted all of sixty seconds then, but he was roaring up a storm this time around.

Isaac, Monty, and Colin were roundin' up bad guys in the neighborhood. Most of them were in our attic, I believe. They kept planning robberies, and I mentioned that good guys don't rob, and they said that they were robbing the bad guys, so it was OK.

The real deal. Halloween night. Charlie lost his candy bag, so he's been a poor beggar ever since. Jane, Ginny Weasley, was offended if anyone thought she was Hermione. She's so clearly a Ginny. Sam was all about trick-or-treating efficiency and the amount of candy he could get. Charlie threw his shoes out of the wagon, and I had to retrace our path to find them. Colin told all the kids in the neighborhood that his cowboy boots were not costumes--they were REAL ones.
Laie is the place to be for Halloween. It's so nice outside that people sit on their porches or on their driveways. You don't have to ring the doorbell or say a word, and the kids get candy, candy, candy. It's like Mardi Gras, with the streets full of people--a non-alcoholic Mardi Gras with yard inflatables instead of floats and glow necklaces instead of bling.
4 comments:
Colin makes such a natural cowboy--he could have a real future. All your kids look fabulous! Henry would have ultra costume envy if he saw Sam.
Jane DOES have the perfect Ginny hair! I love your Halloween night descriptions. It's all about the details. Bea begged to be a monkey, and I bought a costume, but then she wanted to be something else for every party we went to.
Wow, Jane is a gorgeous Ginny! And Sam's eyes are great in that last picture.
I love Halloween pictures. I have just been reading post after post of your blog and it makes me really wish that we lived close to each other because our kids would get along very well.
Post a Comment