Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dan in a tux


I don't know how I feel now that Dan could outdress me at any given moment. He bought a tux. Owns it. He got it for conducting the Vivaldi "Gloria" with the BYU-H Chamber Orchestra and Concert Choir. It was such an ambitious piece for these groups to do, and they performed very well. In my musically un-educated opinion, Dan uses just the right amount of arm motions as a conductor. He's not one of those to hop up and down and fling beads of sweat to and fro. He's also not the type that stands so still that you can't really see that they're conducting at all from the back. It's just one more reason that I'm glad I married Dan. Plus, he looks fantastic in a tux. But now I need to buy an evening gown. To wear to Foodland. On Saturday nights (everyone who's anyone in Laie is there on Saturday nights).Peter and Emily Maxwell, Dan's (mine, too) nephew and niece made it to the performance.

The bright lights are the glow of fame surrounding us . . . or a strange camera setting. Way to go, Dan!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congratulations on your performance Dan! Sounds wonderful.