Our house is under the shade of a beautiful mango tree whose fruit is sweet, tart, sticky, juicy . . . a perfect match for this season of our lives.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Have your dog spader-neutered
I always wondered what Bob Barker was talking about at the end of "The Price of Right" when he said, "Make sure to have your dog spader-neutered." It was all one big word to me, and I didn't have the foggiest notion what he was alluding to. I would have been horrified, if I'd known. I would say it over and over after hearing it. It made me feel like I was fluent in German if I said it enough times in a row. Yesterday, as responsible pet owners, we were taking Acie in to be spayed, and I overheard Colin telling his friends, "Acie is going to have surgery, because she ate worms and they might come out in her poop, and then she has to be sprayed so she won't have puppies." What a jumble of information! It turned out that an accident on our little one-lane highway made it impossible to get to the vet, so we turned around. Colin was surprised to see Acie when he got home, and said, "Mom! Did Acie already get sprayed?" I love the world through Colin's eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment