Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Clog -- Summer Vacation 2010

I am a slave to chronology. I feel like I can't post anything new until I post pictures from our summer vacation. So there has been a serious blog clog. We had a blast this summer, but I am not going to detail all of our fun experiences. Just know that we went on a circle tour from Hawaii to California (Disneyland) to Washington D.C. to Utah to Hawaii. And we did it with ONLY carry-on baggage. That's the one thing I don't have a picture of--Dan steering a smart cart that looked like the Joad's truck piled with 7 weeks worth of "necessities," plus three car seats on top. So here are some pictures, and I hope they are worth the thousands of words I am not writing!

CALIFORNIA - June 2010







WASHINGTON D.C.















UTAH - JUNE-JULY 2010



























AND HERE'S OUR 12TH ANNIVERSARY -- DAN SURPRISED ME WITH . . .




THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD TIMES!

7 comments:

Flori said...

He surprised you with a half-deflated balloon? What message does that send? :) I hope you got to ride in it first! Looks like you had a wild and crazy vacation! And I'm impressed with the baggage--we had to check ONE bag and thought we were pretty good....but you are better.

Stephanie said...

great update! i put waaaay too many pictures and waaay too many words. i think my mom reads it all at least.

two pictures of note among many greats:

your sister always makes me do a double take because i think it is you

and

that one of dan with a crazy face made me laugh really hard.... awesome.

megan&steve said...

Woo woo. No captions necessary. Traveling family for the summer & I'm so glad we were able to visit with you. We will be seeing more of you in the future, when we move to Hawaii this fall.
keep you posted.

Erin said...

Wow! What an amazing summer. I love the pictures of the boys in climbing gear.

Louise Durham said...

Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye. Such good times, and I can relive a little through your blog. Let's just make summer in Provo a tradition, okay?

Cortney G. Huber said...

Oh man. I got panicky and short of breath when I thought that balloon behind you was a parachute. Me and my increasing acrophobia will never understand your yearning to sky dive. I'm just glad you're safe on the ground with a pink sweatshirt around your yellow waist.

ps I'm willing to bet that open-mouthed roaring and/or boxing shot of Dan is his new FB profile pic.

Allie said...

So many great pictures. I want to go on a marathon vacation like that! I love the picture of your kids with Grandma Hatch.