Friday, March 15, 2013

Communications down

I feel like I am driving an antiquated space ship (my brain?) and the communication system is either not firing or misfiring.  The other day, a friend of mine posted on the playgroup website a community confict-resolution class that is highly recommended for helping you work out conflicts with your children or with your spouse or co-workers.  Brilliant me, instead of forwarding it to Dan with a response, I replied to ALL, to the whole playgroup list, that I really thought we should do this class.  Really, my email was pretty benign, compared to what it could have been, and only my true friends inquired jokingly if everything was ok between Dan and myself.  I was so embarrassed that I sent off a clever email to the whole list to make light of the situation.  Wrong.  I sent the email intended for the group to ONE person.  Communications down.

Next story, I had a whole bunch of random things I needed to buy online, so I bought everything from Amazon in one order with free shipping.  Unfortunately, my mom's address is set as my default sending address.  Not sure why.  It feels the other way around.  In any case, she was exceeding surprised and puzzled when two pair of boxing gloves arrived for her in a box without explanation.  She called me wondering what message I was trying to send.  It might be good for every married couple to do a few rounds of sparring after almost 40 years of marriage, but I had to admit that it was a mistake.  The next day, Louise called me back to say that while the boxing gloves had taken her by surprise, nothing could have prepared her for the coon-skin cap that arrived the following day!  I had ordered "cultural costumes" for Jane and Sam, and with no island heritage, we hearken back to prairie days for our heritage.  Anyway, I'm sure the piano books that came next were a huge disappointment, but I am grateful that my mom still boxed it all up and sent it across the sea.

Here is hoping that I can tighten up the gears a bit and keep my communications firing a little more accurately.  No one else does things like this, I am sure.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have totally done that on amazon but it was not an order of coonskin caps!!