Friday, September 23, 2011

Jane Day

Jane's 4-year-old preschool picture.
Happy Birthday to Jane!  I just thought I'd honor her 11th with a look at some of the Jane's I've known over the past eleven years . . . in her own style.

Age 4

Age 5


Age 6
Age 11
Look how she's growing up!  She is right in the middle of little and big right now.  She draws highly fashionable Janes and other girls, but she still holds my hand as we go on walks.  She wanted an ipod and pierced ears for her birthday, but she also wanted a pillow pet and a "furreal" stuffed kitten (she got all but the ipod . . . I'm not ready to lose her to earphones!).   I took her to get her ears pierced, and I had to acknowledge that the girl is looking so grown up these days.  And she's just so completely great to be with.  I am lucky to be growing up with her.  I feel like we've been through a lot together (and most of the drama is mine!).  I celebrate every year of Jane and look forward to the rest! Up with Jane!  Happy birthday!



5 comments:

Flori said...

What a lovely girl. I will always keep her in my mind as the 4 year old in the first picture! But she is so grown up and pretty. Enjoy the life pre-ipod! :) (Good decision, BTW)

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Jane! I love seeing your drawings. You are a fabulous artist and a beautiful girl.

Kris Tina said...

Oh I can't help it - I just love Jane. I loved her the second I saw her enthralled watching all the bubbles on Lawrence Welk.

Allie said...

I can't believe our girls are 11. It seems like we were just barely at Bethany's farewell and letting people know we were expecting! Jane and Maddie are two peas in a pod for sure, especially as I examined her art. Maddie just got her ears re-pierced in September (they had closed up, hopefully Jane has better luck). Cute pictures!

Bethany said...

Jane is such a talented artist (and always has been). I love her 11-year-old stylish Jane picture. She does look so grown up and beautiful these days. It's hard to believe that she's not the little four-year-old kid anymore!