
Charlie is growing up. He is beyond baby talk. He talks in full sentences. And he has a lot to say. When the kids leave for school, Charlie begins his running commentary to me on everything he is thinking or doing. He used to say things like, "Mommy, I'm worried about you if I go to preschool," but now he says very wise things like, "Today is preschool day. I'm not going to be sad. I'm going to be happy." This morning, Charlie woke up in our bed, and as he started rolling around, Dan snuggled him and told him he loved him, and Charlie said, "That's a good word."
Though I love all Charlie's good words, I mourn the lost baby words that are gone now. I hope I can remember the slight lisp of these first Charlie words.
Bah (ball!)
boppsh (box)
pbpbpb (peanut butter)
tee (keys)
way-uh -- uh no (Where is it? I don't know!)
uhhhh (loves)
tsk (kiss)
boopth (books)
Thath (Sam)
pweeth (please--with the sign for please)
Aaaaack! (all-purpose exclamation used most frequently in pursuit of candy)
Kaka (Annika)
noke (milk)
nuntth (lunch)
no woud (No loud, Mommy!)
hodju (hold you)
1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel. I want to get more video of Mimi taking, but the time just slips by and it seems like they acquire vocabulary and improved pronunciation every day.
Post a Comment