Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hide-and-seek


Yesterday, Colin and his friends, Isaac, Tom, and Tim, were at our house playing hide-and-seek. They seem to know only two or three hiding spots--behind the couch, in the backpack closet, or by the TV. Hoping to help Colin find a new spot, I motioned for him to come into the kitchen when I saw him run past. He came, and I said, "Look, Colin. Get under here." I lifted up the open dishwasher door, so he could slide under. I thought this would be a great hiding spot. It proved more difficult than I thought to really get under, though. Colin was hesitating, and asking me in a whisper voice, "Mommy, why are we doing this?" I told him to just get under there quick. He did. I put a stool in front of him to finish off the job, and then he poked his head out and said, "But mom, I'm IT."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious!

Bethany said...

That made me laugh out loud. How obedient of Colin to just agree to duck under the dishwasher, knowing full well he wasn't supposed to be hiding. That made my day.

Erin said...

Brilliant!

-From Nathan, who can only read from Erin's account.