Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shooters

"Did we win, Mom?" Yes. You won. They don't keep score, but I'm sure you won. That was the conversation after each of Sam's basketball games. That kid plays with heart, that's for sure. He was even the high-scorer for at least one of the games. But my favorite game was when Sam heard another team cheering, "Let's go, ________, let's go! Whooo!" So then he started shouting it, and he had his whole team yelling it from the bench. The other parents asked me if I'd been working with Sam at home on his cheerleading. I told them I was just grateful he'd have something to fall back on if his sports career didn't work out. Not that cheerleading isn't a sport. Sorry, Margaret. I know. It's competitive. I think this picture is actually when all the rest of the kids were tired of cheering, and Sam was still keeping it going strong all by himself. "Let's go, Shooters, let's go! Whooo!"

2 comments:

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Way to go shooters! Too bad on your email you gave the wrong link to your blog. You left out the d on and. But I am happy to oblige with a comment! Love you lots, hope you have a happy day! Something coming your way. I already have it my brain and I also alrady sent it in my brain. It's that dang follow through!

Unknown said...

I love that Sam, and I love this picture!