Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Toads



At night, there is a re-enactment of one of the plagues of Egypt out in the back field -- the place is full of frogs. No, toads. They are nocturnal, apparently, and I think they spend the daylight hours under the basketball court, and then they hop out at night to eat bugs. Sam and Colin were out catching them, despite my warnings that they will get warts. We just saw the Frog Prince movie. I hope Jane never tries kissing a frog . . . or toad. Who wants lip warts? It's just not worth the risk. She did have a close encounter with a toad once. One night, after a long day in town, we got home, and inside our house, all the way upstairs at the top of the stairs, Jane found a toad. I don't even want to know how it got in.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Emily, I just found your blog and even signed into an account. What a smiley morning it gives me. I never read Jane's blog because I didn't understand how to access so would you have her send me her link? As you know, we have the same favorite books but I have read War and Peace--twice! I love it.
Janet

Erin said...

EEEK! I would freak out. But those boys are so cute. I love the picture.