
I live in a neighborhood that does not stand still. The Christiensens just moved . . . Anna and Curt, and it makes me sad, because they are funny and smart and their girls are beautiful and their dog is spunky. They are not the first to go and will not be the last. So here is my maybe complete history of where I live and the people I think are great neighbors and how nothing holds still.
Tuellers over.
Houghtons in.
Fifes out.
Bradshaws in.
Princess in.
Fords out.
Countrymans in.
Bartletts in.
Gillmans out.
Scotts in.
Kongaikas in.
Uncle Vincent in.
Bartletts out.
Fader in.
Framptons out.
McDonnells in.
Maks in.
Listers out.
Slades in.
Maks out.
Chans out.
Princess out.
Uncle Vincent out.
Christiensens out.
We are in a season of "outs." But I guess that means more "ins." This picture is Uncle Vincent, who is now in Italy, but who spent months monitoring the playground, an extra pair of eyes, and a great friend to Charlie. We miss him and all the "outs" who will always be "in," in my book!
2 comments:
I didn't know you knew the Gillmans. Jana was a friend of mine in high school. It would be tough to be in such a changing neighborhood, but you are lucky to have such wonderful neighbors.
It's so hard to say goodbye to dear friends. I dream that one day we can both be on the "ins" list of the same neighborhood.
Post a Comment