Thursday, August 9, 2012

Accessorizing

Yesterday, we were going out for a walk with with Charlie, who was wielding a light sabre.  He decided he was cold.  I swear that it has not dipped down below 80 degrees for two weeks, but Charlie was feeling a chill.  So Dan went and got him a sweat shirt.  He put it on and asked, "Mom, does this sweat shirt go with my light sabre?"  Absolutely, was my opinion.  But Charlie kept looking at how the sweatshirt hung low.  He ripped off the sweatshirt in disgust and turned around, head drooping, back to the house.  Our evening walk was laid waste to the formidable challenge of accessorizing.  It's so hard to find the right outerwear to go with your light sabre.  What did Obi Wan wear?  Maybe I will suggest a robe for Charlie in the future. 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ah this gave me a good chuckle. I can see it now. Thanks for helping me put off grading just that much longer. Also I love how you write. Ok bye!

Erin said...

How do you not have a nice light Jedi robe with all those boys? A staple for any wardrobe.

Flori said...

You need a yard of brown felt. Cut a head hole in it and tie around the waist with some rope. I can't think of anything nicer to wear with a light saber. In fact, I might make one for myself....It sounds so cozy for those chill Hawaiian evenings.

Heather G said...

Haha, loved reading all your new posts. You crack me up and your kids are so cute. Loved the orphans story and that Charlie thinks girls are beautiful because they have arms and lips...;)