Our house is under the shade of a beautiful mango tree whose fruit is sweet, tart, sticky, juicy . . . a perfect match for this season of our lives.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Sunday Dinner
Once again, we are miles and miles away from my mom's amazing Sunday dinners. She cooks everything herself...and there are five different delicious elements to the meal, including both rolls and an elaborate dessert. Her rolls are absolutely to die for. In an attempt to come up with my own great Sunday dinner, I planned a traditional roast-and-potatoes meal. It is now 5:00 p.m., and I just realized that the crock pot with the roast in it was plugged into a non-working outlet. So it is maybe partially defrosted at this point. The rolls have too much salt in them. And now I am completely out of motivation to finish off the meal. Time to bag it all up and pull out mac and cheese. Who says it's good to be home? Not on Sunday afternoons. I miss my mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Last Sunday I was at my sisters house surrounded by old college friends and laughing my head off. This Sunday I did a lot of stuff for my calling, which is not to say it was bad... but I never once laughed my head off. My head remained very much in tact. Intact? I should know this. Anyway, whattayasay we make it better next Sunday and eat together? Our place? It won't be the same as your moms, but you're every bit as delightful as my college friends and I think I can safely pull-off a roast... maybe. Let me know.
You gotta love the tricky outlet. That has happened to me more than once, sadly. I wish you could come HERE for Sunday dinner! I would make rolls and an elaborate dessert. My pot roasts aren't the best, though. love you.
Just so you know, your mom misses all of you. What good are rolls without an appreciative clientele? I can't help thinking you missed a marvelous opportunity. You should have put the meat on a tray and served it up straight-faced. I'd love to watch your kids' reactions to the sight of a cold roast bleeding on the platter, not to mention Dan's. Even macaroni tastes good when your family is all together.
Post a Comment